New Netherland Advisors (NNA) is an Amsterdam-based consulting practice, specializing in strategic business planning and real estate advisory services. Services are targeted to Amsterdam and New York City public and private entities, including individual businesses in the hospitality and retail service sector (horeca), real estate developers, municipal agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Contact: Ben Margolis, Founder and Principal; firstname.lastname@example.org
NNA offers expertise and Areas of Service including, but not limited to:
1) Strategic Business Planning
- Horeca management consulting
- Urban retail planning
- Human resource, operational and service improvement
- Project management services
2) Nederland / New York City Business Promotion and Exchange
- Recruitment of American entrepreneurs and companies to the Netherlands
- Assistance to Dutch companies in securing New York City-based projects
- Guidance in identifying and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Planning for conferences and exchange programs
3) Real Estate Advisory Services
- Real estate market analysis
- Industrial property regeneration and programming
- Land use regulation, planning and pre-construction services
- Climate change and resiliency planning
Ben Margolis draws on over twenty years of economic and business development experience in the American public, private and nonprofit sectors.
He has served in senior positions within New York City (NYC) government, including Senior Vice President with the NYC Economic Development Corporation. As a Senior Policy Advisor to Mayor Michael Bloomberg on the NYC Special Initiative for Rebuilding and Resiliency (SIRR), he helped author a report, “A Stronger, More Resilient New York”, that has been praised as a model for physical and economic resiliency planning in the 21st Century. With The Brookings Institution and as a private consultant, Ben created economic development plans aimed at revitalization and business sector growth in major U.S. cities.
He is currently engaged in the launch of a new restaurant concept in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Pendergast
He is also providing planning and development services to New York City public, private and nonprofit clients. This includes assistance to XØ Projects Inc. in mapping the future of The Old American Can Factory – an historic, six building complex located at the Gowanus Canal in Brooklyn.
Ben is a Visiting Assistant Professor in Pratt Institute’s Programs for Sustainable Planning & Development (PSPD). And holds a Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) from Columbia University’s School of International Affairs (SIPA), as well as a B.A. in Sociology and Mass Communications from The University of Wisconsin-Madison.